Jupyter can't find Julia 1.0.3 Kernel in Windows

I get a long list of errors ending in “file not found” when I click on the kernel icon.

Please give more details about the problem. Which version of Julia do you have installed? Do you have the IJulia package installed? How did you install Jupyter?

Windows 10. Julia 1.10. IJulia is installed. I don’t have this problem with Julia 0.70. Here’s the lst part of the error msgs;
File “C:\Users\Frank.julia\conda\3\lib\site-packages\notebook\services\kernels\kernelmanager.py”, line 160, in start_kernel
super(MappingKernelManager, self).start_kernel(**kwargs)
File “C:\Users\Frank.julia\conda\3\lib\site-packages\jupyter_client\multikernelmanager.py”, line 110, in start_kernel
km.start_kernel(**kwargs)
File “C:\Users\Frank.julia\conda\3\lib\site-packages\jupyter_client\manager.py”, line 259, in start_kernel
**kw)
File “C:\Users\Frank.julia\conda\3\lib\site-packages\jupyter_client\manager.py”, line 204, in _launch_kernel
return launch_kernel(kernel_cmd, **kw)
File “C:\Users\Frank.julia\conda\3\lib\site-packages\jupyter_client\launcher.py”, line 128, in launch_kernel
proc = Popen(cmd, **kwargs)
File “C:\Users\Frank.julia\conda\3\lib\subprocess.py”, line 709, in init
restore_signals, start_new_session)
File “C:\Users\Frank.julia\conda\3\lib\subprocess.py”, line 997, in _execute_child
startupinfo)
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified

have you tried (in Julia 1.1.0) to do ] build IJulia?

Any time you change the location of Julia (e.g. moving it to a new directory or installing a new version with a different name) you must re-run build IJulia (in the Julia terminal): https://github.com/JuliaLang/IJulia.jl#updating-julia-and-ijulia

we just had the same issue, we solved it by setting JULIA_DEPOT_PATH from bash before building IJulia. If it was set from within Julia by pushing to DEPOT_PATH the kernel could not be found. Cf: https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia/issues/30528#issuecomment-450504366

rebuilding IJulia did not solve the problem

what’s the equivalent solution under Windows?

Sorry, I’m not a windows user so I have no idea.

What is JULIA_DEPOT_PATH supposed to be set to?

What happens if you move your .julia directory out of the way (just change its name) and then reinstall IJulia?

I deleted everything and just installed 1.10 and now things seem to be working