JuliaUserGroupMunich: Jinguo Liu, Quantum Computing with Yao.jl

Join us online :spiral_calendar: Monday 9. October 2023 :clock630: 18:30 CEST
organized via meetup

Quantum Computing with Yao.jl

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

I am glad to welcome Jinguo Liu as our speaker. He is one of the creators of Yao.jl and will give us an overview over its ecosystem.

The level will be intermediate.

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉AGENDA┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

:clock630: 18:30 - 19:30. Jinguo Liu: Yao.jl - a high quantum simulator written in pure Julia

Dear friend, I am Jinguo Liu (Github handle: GiggleLiu), an assistant professor in the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (Guangzhou). My research field is quantum information and quantum computation. Together with Roger Luo, I created Yao.jl, a high performance quantum simulator written in pure Julia. The initial motivation is for our own research and teaching purpose, but now Yao.jl has been used by many users around the world, and has been cited by more than 100 papers.

In this talk, I will introduce the basic features of Yao.jl, including the circuit representation, the quantum circuit optimization, and the quantum circuit visualization. I will also introduce some applications of Yao.jl, including quantum machine learning, quantum chemistry, quantum many-body physics, and quantum gate compiling.

As 3 years passed since Yao’s first paper, I will also introduce some new applications and new features after version 0.6, including tensor network based quantum simulation and qudit simulation. Finally, I will highlight some future directions of Yao.

:clock730: 19:30 - open end: Time for further discussion

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

The event is going to be online. The link will be made available 10 min before the actual start. Please join 5 min ahead, the session is going to start on-time,

:spiral_calendar: Monday 9. October 2023 :clock630: CEST 18:30.

Looking forward to see you all,
best,
Stephan Sahm

sponsored by Jolin.io

7 Likes

Wow, amazing topic! Will join online from Copenhagen! Thanks for sharing here!
Cheers, Raju

1 Like

we are online right now - join us

Here the material from yesterday: GitHub - GiggleLiu/YaoTutorial: A tutorial for Yao.jl
Checkout the munich pdf version

and here the extra package for quantum machine learning on top of Yao.jl GitHub - LWKJJONAK/Quantum_Neural_Network_Classifiers: Codes for efficiently implementing quantum neural network classifiers

The recording is be uploaded the next days

2 Likes

The recording is ready:

2 Likes