Julia v1.4.0-rc2 is now available

The second release candidate for Julia v1.4.0 is now available. You can get binaries at Download Julia for Linux (i686, x86-64, AArch64; ARMv7 coming soon), macOS, FreeBSD (x86-64), and Windows (32-, 64-bit). Check out the NEWS file to see what will be new in 1.4.0.

As a release candidate, this should not be considered production-ready. Rather, it’s intended to give users a chance to try out their code with 1.4.0 prior to a full release. Note that 1.4 on Travis, AppVeyor (with Appveyor.jl), and Cirrus (with CirrusCI.jl) now points to 1.4.0-rc2.

Let us know in the issue tracker if you run into any issues. (Note that any bugs you may encounter should be posted there rather than being discussed in this thread for developer visibility.) Assuming no problems arise with this release candidate, we’ll move forward with a full 1.4.0 release soon.

55 Likes

The binories of the rc2 are not longer available at Download Julia
I could only find them at the cached version of the page
Was it intentionally removed?

No, probably lost in the move to the new website backend: Migration to Franklin (2) by tlienart · Pull Request #655 · JuliaLang/www.julialang.org · GitHub.

5 Likes

Since the last bug with 1.4 milestone was closed weeks ago, I am wondering if anything else is holding up the release.

2 Likes

Yes, Backports for Julia 1.4.0 by KristofferC · Pull Request #34992 · JuliaLang/julia · GitHub, Bump LLVM tarballs on 1.4 by staticfloat · Pull Request #35120 · JuliaLang/julia · GitHub

7 Likes