Julia v1.1.0 has been released

Do you still want bug reports for 1.0.3? For context, I just found a case where it seems that running tests with code coverage on produces different results than with code coverage off on 1.0.3, while 1.1.0 doesn’t display this behavior.

Yes, please do file issues for bugs on the 1.0.x branch—this is the current long term support branch so there will be further bug fix 1.0.x releases.

OK, see https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia/issues/30872.

1 Like

I’ve just noticed, that the checksum files for v1.1.0 are not linked on Download Julia, only the checksum files for v1.0.3 are linked to.

However, one can download them, if adapting the URL of the v1.0.3 ones, e.g. https://julialang-s3.julialang.org/bin/checksums/julia-1.1.0.sha256

I know this is a stupid question but

Does Julia v1.1.0 works on the Juno Atom editor (on a mac)?

Yes

So I updated to Julia 1.1.0. I did this by downloading the julia 1.1.0 tar.gz file, extracting it in my home directory. I then added /home/me/julia-1.1.0/bin/julia to my path (allowing me to run julia from there. Hadn’t actually done this with earlier versions since I mostly ran it from Juno or Jupyter). Next I also updated by JUNO path to point to this file. When I start Julia in Juno it also runs the 1.1.0 version.

However: I seem to have lost all my packages somehow. running pkg.status() (in juno or in console) only gives me

Status `~/.julia/environments/v1.1/Project.toml`
[c52e3926] Atom v0.7.14
[e5e0dc1b] Juno v0.5.4

which is missing almost all packages. I still have a .julia folder in my home directory, and it seems to look like before (with all the packages there). However, Julia seem to have lost contact with them since the update.

I discovered this when I wanted to update Jupyter to 1.1.0 by running Pkg.build("IJulia"), however when I tried to apparently I was missing IJulia.

I presume there is some easy way to re-establish contact with the packages I have previously added (that is not to re-add them all again). But how?

See this comment.

1 Like

This seems to work. Thanks.

I noticed both debian and Fedora official depository of Julia still hasn’t been updated to 1.1. This is kind of weird for me.

The generic Linux binaries work fine on Debian and CentOS, but I guess you know this already.

I prefer to use the default Julia repository of linux system for easier updating.

Julia v1.1 is in Debian experimental: Debian -- Error

3 Likes

Thank you so much for making a debugger!!! :-)))))

How about update from 1.2.0 to 1.3.1? There is no environment folder in .julia folder.

If there is no environments folder then you probably have no packages installed or the project file gets written to a non standard location. If you do import Pkg; Pkg.status() in 1.2 it should show where the project is located.

1 Like