It’s about 12k LOC (comments, libraries code and doc removed)
I am using Claude Opus 5.5, don’t know how to measure the cost/tokens usage of a particular task. I am using the “pro” account provided by my university, not API key.
To respond to other comments, I am not selling anything here, nor looking for clicks, just reported my experience as someone working on scientific simulations from a thematic domain. You need a spatial model, you see Python is too slow, you learn and implement your model in C++, and see it works “sufficiently fast” and you are happy.
I wasn’t able to squeeze C++ performance the way it could have been possible. I am sure the LLM could do it, but I am not sure I could then read the code. My claim is that doing that in Julia (by myself or by the LLM) is much easier while keeping the code high-level, compact, and readable by a non-expert. At least, this has been my experience.