Julia as first language

@ShalokShalom Topics here are conversations — discussions — between the original poster and anyone in the community who cares to join. And by inviting others to discuss, you’re necessarily inviting other viewpoints and perspectives on the matter. Not everyone is going to read your question the same way or have the same take on it — quite thankfully! And topics aren’t assignments or task items for people to complete; participants are choosing to bring their perspectives as they wish.

Sure, when the discussion goes too far astray or in too many directions, we as moderators will split topics if it makes sense and is possible to do so. In my view, that’s not happening here. I think you were after an answer to the community’s priorities (writ large) and perhaps a commitment from people to change them, but as I said above, neither of those things are necessarily possible to describe or achieve in a large open source community — at least not through a forum discussion. I would quite strongly disagree that this discussion amounts to gaslighting or hostile behavior, but this will bring the topic to a close here.

Please do continue to provide feedback in your journey to programming! It’s valuable to have voices like yours in our community.

29 Likes