Julia 0.5.1 Pkg.update() throwing error

I have downloaded Julia 0.5.1 and on doing Pkg.update() I am getting the following error

ERROR: unknown package Observables required by WebDisplay
 in requirements(::Dict{String,Base.Pkg.Types.VersionSet}, ::Dict{String,Base.Pkg.Types.Fixed}, ::Dict{String,Dict{VersionNumber,Base.Pkg.Types.Available}}) at ./pkg/query.jl:11
 in resolve(::Dict{String,Base.Pkg.Types.VersionSet}, ::Dict{String,Dict{VersionNumber,Base.Pkg.Types.Available}}, ::Dict{String,Tuple{VersionNumber,Bool}}, ::Dict{String,Base.Pkg.Types.Fixed}, ::Dict{String,VersionNumber}, ::Set{String}) at ./pkg/entry.jl:477
 in update(::String, ::Set{String}) at ./pkg/entry.jl:458
 in (::Base.Pkg.Dir.##2#3{Array{Any,1},Base.Pkg.Entry.#update,Tuple{String,Set{String}}})() at ./pkg/dir.jl:31
 in cd(::Base.Pkg.Dir.##2#3{Array{Any,1},Base.Pkg.Entry.#update,Tuple{String,Set{String}}}, ::String) at ./file.jl:59
 in #cd#1(::Array{Any,1}, ::Function, ::Function, ::String, ::Vararg{Any,N}) at ./pkg/dir.jl:31
 in update() at ./pkg/pkg.jl:210Preformatted text

I have tried cloning https://github.com/JuliaGizmos/Observables.jl
but I’m getting the following error

Kindly help me resolve this.

Looks like the same problem as

It’s a bug in the Pkg resolver. The fix will be Julia v0.5.2 and v0.6, which should be released shortly (the PRs are already open for them):

You may be able to work around the issue by telling the package resolver to try harder:

julia> ENV["JULIA_PKGRESOLVE_ACCURACY"] = 10

julia> Pkg.update()

You may also want to uninstall any packages which you are no longer using.

But as Chris says, the real fix will be coming in the next versions of Julia itself.

1 Like