Is Julia mostly written in Python?

In OpenHub there’s many statistics about a big number of open source projects. It says that 47% lines of code from Julia is in Python, 24% in C, 19% in C++ and 10% in other languages. Here is the link: The JuliaLang Open Source Project on Open Hub

No. The GitHub summary says:

Julia 69.7%	C 15.7%	 C++ 9.7%	 Scheme 3.3%	 Makefile 0.6%	 Shell 0.3%	 Other 0.7%

which are reasonable numbers.

7 Likes

That is bizarre.

4 Likes

Thanks! But where did you got that info? I searched in the github page and didn’t found anything https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia

You click on the “banner”:

3 Likes

I think the site just mistakes Julia code as Python code.

8 Likes

Thank you very much!

Thanks! And a clarification for others, since it still took me a minute. He means click on the colorful bar att the bottom of the banner showed in the screenshot. Then the text will switch from 43000 commits etc to the language stats.

2 Likes

It’s nice that most of the source (~70%) is in Julia itself.

Oh no! Delete all the repos, they know our secret! :laughing:

I believe their software has scanners for many languages, but none for Julia.

It is a mistake. Julia is actually written in Logo, then it’s turtles all the way down :wink:

8 Likes

:turtle: :turtle: :turtle:

1 Like

You both beat me to it with the Terry Pratchett reference.
Bringing in the search for a Julia mascot at JuliaCon… I guess turtles have been taken, but is there anything from Discworld?

There was another thread about this from a while ago. In my opinion the best suggestion was the julia skimmer dragonfly. I like that one quite a lot, and a graphic artist probably would not have a difficult time incorporating the dots.

At this point I think the ship has sailed tough. (Sorry to contribute to the complete derailment of the thread. Shameless promotion of dragonfly mascot.)

1 Like

As much as I love the Discworld novels, the expression is generally used and of course predates these.

2 Likes