My name is Masoud, and I’m excited to finally share my first Julia package with the community: SiCell.jl.
SiCell is a high-performance single-cell RNA-seq toolkit I’ve been working on for the past several months. After getting tired of waiting for R and Python to finish basic operations on large datasets, I decided to build something faster in Julia
The main feature I’m most proud of is TUF (Trajectory Uncertainty Framework) — a new approach that introduces two metrics:
TES (Temporal Entropy Score) — detects cells in transitional or ambiguous transcriptional states
Since this is my first Julia package, I’d really appreciate any feedback — whether it’s about the API, documentation, performance, or potential improvements. I’m also very open to collaborators or early testers, especially people working with developmental or branching systems.
The cases study in the doc are cool, although I’m not a single cell expert. I’d remove some of the emoji’s from the readme/docs since that gives a slop impression.
Thanks for the welcome, and no worries at all. I hope you had a good summer.
Yes, I’ve seen SingleCellProjections.jl, and it’s great to see related work in the BioJulia Ecosystem. I’ll take a closer look at it to see how it relates to SiCell.jl.
I’d also be interested in contributing to the BioJulia.
Best regards.
Hi Masoud, this looks cool, I’ll check it out when I get some time!
In the meantime, just want to make sure you’re aware of GitHub - scverse/Muon.jl: Muon for Julia · GitHub (MuData / AnnData implementation from the scverse folks)
Thank you. Yes, I’m aware of Muon.jl. For SiCell’s I/O, I actually treated it a bit like a challenge to use as few Julia libraries as I can and implement the handling myself. It was a really fun and instructive experience, especially getting into the details of the different formats and their edge cases.
I’ll definitely keep Muon.jl in mind as I continue developing SiCell and thinking about interoperability.