Infinite loop after linking against julia.so

embedding

#1

I have been working on updating the node.js embedded julia library node-julia so that it works with 0.6 and more recent versions of node.js, the last supported versions were 0.5 and 5.x respectively.
There are some caveats in its implementation as it is designed to be built by gyp which supposedly only supports MSVC on windos. I have managed to get it compiling on both linux and windows but it just passes the first 20 or so tests on linux and none on windos.
On bots OSes it seems to go into an infinite loop somewhere within the julia library. On windows it happens for any expression and terminates due to a stack overflow, I traced the issue to the call to jl_init(). On linux a similar thing happens when trying to include scripts(in any way as far as I can tell) but it just starts to repeatedly try to import nj ad infinitum.
I think I should be able to fix this or at least get closer to it by obtaining the debug symbols for julia.so / libjulia.dll but I don’t know how to get them.
If anyone wants to chime in the fork is here. I am also not sure if this is the right category, but I couldn’t find a more appropriate one.