Http://juliastats.org domain seems to have expired?

Dear JuliaStats team,

I just wanted to let you know that it seems the jluiastats.org domain name seems to have expired:

And now it redirects to some random page.

• Is there somewhere I can donate to help get a hold of this name again?
  • Or are you dropping this name (in this case we should change some links)?
  • Perhaps a configuration issue?

Here it says it should expire on 2018-11-09:

Cheers!

Thanks for signalling this. I have no idea who owned that domain name. Iā€™m afraid itā€™s been ā€œstolenā€ (bought to take it from us in order to show ads) by a spammer.

Anyway, Iā€™m not even sure we use it somewhere. Do you know of place which points to this URL?

1 Like

Yes, this was reported by a user KadeG on Gitter, I see juliastats.org in the GitHub Organization URL:

We should probably watch out for others.

I have created a PR to rename a URL referene I found in the Julia page:

If anyone owns and Julia ecosystem domains and doesnā€™t want to keep paying for them, PLEASE contact @ararslan or myself and we can arrange for NumFocus to maintain the domain. This is really unfortunate that the domain juliastats.org is now squatted on by a spammer.

4 Likes

@nalimilan could you or someone in the JuliaStats org, please change the URL listed in the JuliaStats GihHub page?

https://github.com/JuliaStats

Please see the image above.

Not sure who owned that domain, but there is usually a grace period after registration lapses to get the domain back.

Iā€™ve fixed the URL given on GitHub. Unfortunately, I donā€™t know who used to own the domain, but if NumFocus is willing to buy it again we could contact Dahua Lin or John Myles White to find it out.

Itā€™s not the greatest domain nameā€¦ (Abbreviated, ambiguous ā€˜hyphenatingā€™ possibilitiesā€¦).

Why not:

juliastatistics.org
juliastatistics.com
juliastatistics.net
juliastatistics.info

which all seem to be available, at present.