How to solve two symbolic nonlinear equations in Julia?

Just a note that on the master branch you can do the following to check that all roots are reported as unique:

all(isunique, rts)

I’m no expert on git, so I ended up uninstalling Julia, deleting c:\Users\username.julia, and re-installing it. Now it seems to be ok.

Directory c:\Users\username.julia had some 200 000 files and took some 5 GB of the disk. After the re-install, there are some 135 000 files and 4.6 GB on the disk.

julia> using IntervalArithmetic, IntervalConstraintProgramming, StaticArrays

WARNING: using IntervalArithmetic.sup in module Main conflicts with an existing identifier.

Running the rest of the code, I got the following error message:

UndefVarError: paving not defined

Is the problem due to first using ImplicitEquations in the same session? (There seems to be something like paving defined in ImplicitEquations, too…)

Sorry, paving.boundary should be paving1.boundary

OK… I found the problem… there is a typo in your code listing, I think:

plot!(paving.boundary, lw=1, lc=:blue, alpha=1, label="")

should probably be:

plot!(paving1.boundary, lw=1, lc=:blue, alpha=1, label="")

I don’t see black dots at all the solutions in my plot, as you seem to get. I’ll study the plot in more detail. Thanks, again.

Ah – you’re online, too… Thanks! It seems to work, now. Very nice!

I’ve looked at your package IntervalConstraintProgramming – really nice! A quick question… In the code, you use statement:

IntervalBox(-20..20,2)

Is this short hand notation for

IntervalBox(-20..20,-20..20)

In other words, with set S=-20..20, would IntervalBox(S,n) be equal to S^n – the Cartesian product SxS...xS, n times?

Yes, exactly.
IntervalBox(X, n) gives the n-fold cartesian product.