How to debug Linux Travis error on using package?

I’m getting the following error on a Travis build of BandedMatrices.jl (Travis CI - Test and Deploy Your Code with Confidence), but only on Linux. This appears to happen on the using stage. Any advice on how to debug it?

ERROR: Package BandedMatrices errored during testing
Stacktrace:
 [1] pkgerror(::String, ::Vararg{String,N} where N) at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v0.7/Pkg/src/Types.jl:120
 [2] macro expansion at ./logging.jl:313 [inlined]
 [3] #test#61(::Bool, ::Function, ::Pkg.Types.Context, ::Array{Pkg.Types.PackageSpec,1}) at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v0.7/Pkg/src/Operations.jl:1283
 [4] #test at ./none:0 [inlined]
 [5] #test#44(::Bool, ::Base.Iterators.Pairs{Union{},Union{},Tuple{},NamedTuple{(),Tuple{}}}, ::Function, ::Pkg.Types.Context, ::Array{Pkg.Types.PackageSpec,1}) at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v0.7/Pkg/src/API.jl:256
 [6] #test at ./none:0 [inlined]
 [7] #test#43 at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v0.7/Pkg/src/API.jl:239 [inlined]
 [8] #test at ./none:0 [inlined]
 [9] #test#42(::Base.Iterators.Pairs{Symbol,Bool,Tuple{Symbol},NamedTuple{(:coverage,),Tuple{Bool}}}, ::Function, ::Array{String,1}) at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v0.7/Pkg/src/API.jl:238
 [10] (::getfield(Pkg.API, Symbol("#kw##test")))(::NamedTuple{(:coverage,),Tuple{Bool}}, ::typeof(Pkg.API.test), ::String) at ./none:0

Nothing concrete, but you can email the folks at Travis. In my experience they are very helpful about providing you with 24hrs of ssh access so you can directly debug it in a persistent session.

Yes I did that. It was an out of memory error due to a compile using 7 gigs. I’ve worked around it but hopefully 1.1 will be a bit more compile time friendly…

1 Like