How to add a Directory Package to an existing Project?

Thanks ffevotte,

I’m not sure I understand why you don’t want the MyApp code and the MyLib code to live in the same project/package?

What I have done so far is to use include("...") to spread my code among many files. Perhaps because of my experience with C++ templates, I trend to view large include graphs as something to be wary of, particularly as the application grows larger. There seems to have been some lively discussion about using relative imports – but some proposals amount to something like include + using – which feels like it makes pre-compilation an impossibility. Is there a way to use submodules without using include or guarantee pre-compilation?

My understanding is that pre-compilation occurs at the package level, hence the desire to factor out stable code into packages (using using Lib not include) keeping all within the same git repo for MyApp.

From what I have read, one package per project per repo is a valid way to factorize development of larger applications. But I haven’t warmed to this as it seems like overkill and increases coordination cost between components; for packages used in one code base, git branches suffice for my needs. There may be a way forward by manipulating LOAD_PATH outside of the Pkg REPL; if so I would like to hear if/how others do it in v1.6+.