How does BinaryBuilder work?

Can BinaryBuilder.jl deploy its toolchain building and vm locally and Id like to test building and deploying a jll locally and test vendoring it across another platform but im not sure if I need to CI push a deploy/recipe to BinaryBuilder or how that works? If I install the entire stack whats the limit of local deployment and testing with vm toolchains that I can do? if I deploy a vm to run the binarys can BinaryBuilder vm the toolchain building with a set of rules and provide seperate or a single deployable cross platform artifact?

Ohh, BinaryBuilder sandboxes locally. This is easier than my original assumptions.

When everything else fails, reading the documentation sometimes helps. Also

    --deploy=<repo>     Deploy binaries and JLL wrapper code to a github
                        release of an autogenerated repository.  Uses
                        `github.com/JuliaBinaryWrappers/<name>_jll.jl` by
                        default, unless `<repo>` is set, in which case it
                        should be set as `<owner>/<name>_jll.jl`.  Setting
                        this option is equivalent to setting `--deploy-bin`
                        and `--deploy-jll`.  If `<repo>` is set to "local"
                        then nothing will be uploaded, but JLL packages
                        will still be written out to `~/.julia/dev/`.

I did, the first question was pre-docs curiosity :sweat_smile: