Since Julia for arm32bit (e.g. RaspberryPi series) reduced toTier3, https://julialang.org/downloads/ does not provide, binary Julia 1.4.2.
Good news! I’m happy to announce the release of recipe (technically Dockerfile) that builds Julia v1.4.2 for RaspberryPi series.
You can enjoy Julia on your Raspberry Pi 3 or 4 even Zero
Does Julia packages runs on Raspberry Pi ?
- As far as I know, Example.jl, PyCall.jl, PyPlot.jl, SymPy.jl, IJulia.jl, Interact.jl, Images.jl, UnicodePlots.jl, ImageInTerminal.jl, VideoIO.jl, MPI.jl etc… runs on RaspberryPi3 or 4. By using PackageCompiler.jl, you can reduce the latency of loading modules e.g. Plots.jl which is really useful for Raspberry Pi users.
- If your package (including its dependencies) is written in 100% Julia, there is a chance to run not only Pi3/4 but also PiZero.
Is there any application we can use on Raspberry Pi ?
- Here you are: CameraApp.jl.
- If you have a USB camera or the official Raspberry Pi camera, you can take photo or movie from it and display the result on your terminal based on ImageInTerminal.jl which means there is a chance to implement IoT application with Julia.
- Also checkout HelloX.jl which is a simple Hello World Application that will be generated via PackageCompiler. It should run on your PiZero.
Is Julia fast ?
Have a try !!!