Getting started with FlexUnits.jl

I am interested in using the FlexUnits.jl package. I have read through the documentation, but I’m not clear on the best way to deal with the UnitRegistry.

When loading the package, I want to …

  1. load typical Imperial and Metric units (u"psi")
  2. set constants for my most used (const psi = u"psi")
  3. set my preferred unit simplifications (set_preferred_unit(psi))

Where is the best place to keep this personalization code?

It seems to me the simplest for usage would my own MyFlexUnits package that has @reexport using FlexUnits and all the customizations. However, that workflow isn’t mentioned in the docs. The docs seem to want me to keep my customization code in a standalone file/module, but then where do I store it, and how do I load it?

Moreover, the docs say you can either modify the included unit registry or create your own. If I need to create my own package or file anyway, I wonder if there is much of a difference between using a bunch of modifying function calls in a row like register_unit versus just copy-paste-editing the default unit registry.

Workflow suggestions from people already using the package would be appreciated!