Get it together, guys!

This is a post where are the priorities of the development team. debugging and tools are after reducing latency (a problem a lot of the userbase is having, for what i have noticed in those discourse forums). So the team is aware of the need for tooling, but is not the top priority right now (offtopic, normally the community is mentioned as one of the strengths of the Julia language, and finding the development priorities in a post is a clear example)

You are paying some thousands of dollars for that software, better be good :smile: , the same dollars could be invested in first class support from the Julia Team. but obviously depends of the use case. You want simulation of dynamical systems? Simulink is the industry standard right now. your workflow requires solving a lot of differential equations?, DifferencialEquations.jl moops the floor with ode15s.

One problem with MATLAB is deploying the software. MATLAB is excelent to prototype, but there is no way (as far as i know) to move the code to a production stage (if your product is software), or to generate pipelines compatible with computers without MATLAB (if your product is the data produced with your code)

If your Startup, after economic analysis, concludes that buying MATLAB licences is more cost-effective, that is totally fine, Julia has other strenghs that maybe you don’t need (or don’t see) right now, is not my job to sell you Julia nor to help you decide what you want to do with your business.

11 Likes