General use of GLMakie and Interact in Voilà

Hello. I have many questions. Please be patient and forgive my ignorance, this is the first time I dive deep into Julia.
I am attempting to use GLMakie to make interactive plots in a Jupyter Notebook. However, I have had some difficulties dealing with it. I atempted to do a test with the sliders function, but the generated plot was an image, not allowing any form of interactivity.

As you can see above, when I tried to click on the sliders, it was interpreted as an image.
How can I fix this?
Also, I previously tried to use Interact as a way to allow interactivity. However, despite my countless attempts, I couldn’t find a way to make it work. Whenever I tried to execute the code, classic Jupyter Notebook would respond that WebIO extension was not installed. How can I fix this? I have tried following all of the advices found online.
Also, is it possible for GLMakie to accept text input and change the plots according to such?
Finally, if anyone here is familiar with Voilà rendering, I would like to know if any of these extensions (Interact and GLMakie) work together with Voilà, and if Voilà maintains the interactivity. From what I have seen, WGLMakie is an extension that allows use in the web. Would this extension be a better suit for Voilà?
Thank you so much for your help.

Can any one help me please?

What is Voila?
You should use JSServe + WGLMakie for interaction in notebooks!
JSServe still has horrible docs, but I’m working on updating them right now, here is a preview:
https://simondanisch.github.io/JSServe.jl/previews/PR151/

Interact is kind of in legacy mode and we’re looking into a new way of doing things with JSServe.

1 Like

I can’t really answer the main questions, and I’ve not tried Voilà nor most notebook environments, but I want to point out there are others, e.g. Pluto.jl (just made for Julia); Shiny made for R, Shiny for Python, and in alpha, very intriguing Shinylive to run Shiny (with Python) without a server, I think Voilà goal is the same, just supporting hopefully all languages Jupyter does, at least Julia is explicitly mentioned (working well?) in its docs a bit under “Run scripts”, also in test code async def test_print_julia_notebook).

Thank you for your answer!
Voilà (Table of contents — voila 0.5.0a0 documentation) is a rendering tool that can be used to create apps. I am working on a project that uses Julia for interactive plots and algorithms.
A lot of people had recommended it to me, so I thought that it would be possible to use both GLMakie and Voilà together.
Thank you for showing me JSServe. Many blessings to you.

I see… I think JSServe is really what you want, it’s pretty much build for interactive apps in the web with Makie :wink: