Garden/Jungle Package registry

So an organization that I am part of has this rule, which is content we generate is to be split and marked as:

  • The Jungle: Is whatever, AI generated content, notes, scratch code
  • The Garden: The curated code. (Maybe even AI generated, but undergone substantial review)

Considering that I have immediately available:

  • A projected block Conjugate Gradient solver, with preconditioning (could be added to Krylov.jl, outperforms MINRES)
  • A Ferrite version that has adaptive meshing (both refinement & coarsening) for triangular meshes
  • A diffusion model library. with posterior sampling for inverse problems (DS, Diff-PIR, RED-Diff, Prox-DM, … )
  • Grid convolutions for Lux.jl
  • a general message passing library for non linear factor graphs

Now don’t understand me wrong I do not want any of this to be part of the classical Julia registry. In fact I wanna mark it as AI generated. However if it is useful for someone and someone wants to use it on your own risk feel absolutely free to do so.

It is already working with a reconstruction library for Electrical Impedance Tomography, that means the core functionality of these libraries is definitely validated.

So the main question is could there be an extended registry?

Yes absolutely! There already are multiple public (and many many more private) alternate registries. Just as one example, you can see GitHub - HolyLab/HolyLabRegistry: Julia package registry for the Holy lab at Washington University in St. Louis · GitHub.