Function in module is not visible even though it's listed in the module and exported

I made a package, which is in the julia registry, called Spacey.jl. I added a function to the module and exported it. When I try to using the package/module, the new function pointGroup is not found, but names shows that the function is there. I’m flummoxed. How can I debug this? What basic thing about packages and modules am I misunderstanding? Happy to have someone expose my ignorance.

julia> using Spacey

julia> pLat = [0.5 0.5 0.0; 0.5 0.0 0.5; 0.0 0.5 0.5]
3×3 Matrix{Float64}:
 0.5  0.5  0.0
 0.5  0.0  0.5
 0.0  0.5  0.5

julia> pg = pointGroup(pLat)
ERROR: UndefVarError: `pointGroup` not defined
Stacktrace:
 [1] top-level scope
   @ REPL[4]:1

julia> names(Spacey)
7-element Vector{Symbol}:
 :Spacey
 :pointGroup
 :pointGroup_fast
 :pointGroup_robust
 :pointGroup_simple
 :snapToSymmetry
 :threeDrotation

OK, I still have question about why the pointGroup function is listed in the output of names(Spacey) but is not defined when I try to use it…

…but I understand what the problem is generally. Until I push my new changes to github, and then tag a new release, the new code I added to my package is not going to be available when I update.

I guess what I really want to do is point the code that is using my Spacey package to use a local copy, not the copy in the registry. When new changes are debugged and tested, I can push to github, tag a new release, and wait for the update in the julia registry.

In the environment where my new code is, that is using Spacey, I pointed it to my local copy: (clusterExpansion) pkg> dev /Users/hart/home/JuliaCodes/Spacey.jl/ and now it all works as I (unreasonably) expected when I first posted the question.

julia> using Spacey

julia> pg = pointGroup(pLat)
[output cut to reduce clutter]

julia> names(Spacey)
10-element Vector{Symbol}:
 :Spacey
 :isagroup
 :pointGroup
 :pointGroup_fast
 :pointGroup_robust
 :pointGroup_simple
 :snapToSymmetry