Failing to precompile OptimizationBase

@Vaibhavdixit02, I will start fresh on the cluster when I install it and get latest versions. Has the change been made on your side? Let me know when it’s good so I can try installing again. Thanks for your quick help!

@Vaibhavdixit02, updated locally as well and still running into Enzyme precompile issues, just FYI.

That’s probably an unrelated issue:

@gdalle, thanks for the heads up. For Optimization.jl 3.25.1 what versions of julia can I use?

for Optimization itself, 1.11 should be fine, but for Enzyme, stick to 1.10 for the time being

@gdalle, thanks. I just need a version where I can use new LBFGSB implementation in Optimization.jl, ModelingToolkit.jl, and SciMLSensitivity.jl. Will test now.

Created issue OptimizationMTKExt.jl gets re-precompiled · Issue #55 · SciML/OptimizationBase.jl · GitHub

1 Like

@gdalle, did something change with Enzyme? Today I’m having issues getting it to compile on 1.10.

A few hours ago LLVM.jl released a version which was breaking but not marked as breaking. This has since been fixed upstream x/ref: LLVM.jl 7.2 seems to break Enzyme · Issue #1496 · EnzymeAD/Enzyme.jl · GitHub

Has there been any progress regarding the original precompilation problem?
I am still getting the error in a fresh environment in julia 1.10.4.

It should be fixed by the following combination of PRs, plus the associated releases:

1. Fix constructor of AutoMTK by Vaibhavdixit02 · Pull Request #61 · SciML/ADTypes.jl · GitHub
  2. Remove AutoMTK constructor overload here by Vaibhavdixit02 · Pull Request #56 · SciML/OptimizationBase.jl · GitHub

Once @Vaibhavdixit02 over in the Boston time zone gives the green light, we’re good to merge and release

3 Likes

This should be fixed now with OptimizationBase v1.1, can you update your environment and try again?

I can confirm that precompilation of OptimizationBase does not fail anymore. Many thanks for the effort.

1 Like