Error in JuMP and outdated packages in JuliaBox

Hello all,

I’m doing some optimization with callbacks functions in JuMP with GLPK using JuliaBox. When we try to add a lazy constraint, I get the following error:

MethodError: no method matching cbgetstate(::GLPKMathProgInterface.GLPKInterfaceMIP.GLPKCallbackData)

Closest candidates are:

cbgetstate(::MathProgBase.SolverInterface.LPQPWrapperCallbackData) at /home/jrun/.julia/v0.6/MathProgBase/src/SolverInterface/lpqp_to_conic.jl:323

cbgetstate(::Int64) at /home/jrun/.julia/v0.6/MathProgBase/src/SolverInterface/SolverInterface.jl:29

cbgetstate() at /home/jrun/.julia/v0.6/MathProgBase/src/SolverInterface/SolverInterface.jl:27

This definitely works in my local machine, which of course has different version of the involved packages.

My main questions are:

• Has anyone had the same problem?
  • Is it possible to request an update of these packages in JuliaBox?

The current versions in JuliaBox are:
GLPKMathProgInterface 0.4.1
MathProgBase 0.7.1

And in my local machine I have:
GLPKMathProgInterface 0.4.3
MathProgBase 0.7.6

I didn’t know whether to post this here or in the Domains > Optimization category, so sorry if this is not the right category.

Thanks!

Hi again. For the record:

• I did ask the JuliaBox people to update the packages and they kindly did so. The error was then gone.
  • But I also found out that one can update packages by installing them from their GitHub repo using the Packages option in the Dashboard. Just go to install an unregistered package and paste the repo’s URL. For example if you want to update MathProgBase, you enter https://github.com/JuliaOpt/MathProgBase.jl.git

I hope this helps future lost souls.

2 Likes