Embedding Julia in C++, packages can not be found from embedded script

Hi

I am working on embedding Julia in a C++ application. Simple Julia programs work fine, I can call Julia functions, access variables etc.

But, trying to use any package in Julia, e.g. adding “using Measurements” or “using Plots” in the script being executed from C++ brings exception with error message: “Package XXX not found in current path. Run import Pkg;… to install the XXX package”. All packages I am trying to use are already installed and can be used if I start normal Julia command prompt.

I’ve tried setting JULIA_LOAD_PATH without success. If I print out the value of my LOAD_PATH variable from embedded Julia script, I can see that the value is as expected („[“@”, “@v#.#”, “@stdlib”] “), plus my JULIA_LOAD_PATH if set.

I am on Windows, using JuliaPro 1.3.1-2. I can see that all packages are existing in my „C:\Users<username>.juliapro\JuliaPro_v1.3.1-2\packages“ directory.

I did not find any information about package search path being different for embedded Julia than for standard command-line Julia prompt.

I would appreciate any help.

Best regards
Goran

The problem was solved by uninstalling JuliaPro and installing plain Julia. In that case, everything works as expected. It seems that JuliaPro does some special handling of dirs/packages which prevents using those in embedded scripts.

Best regards
Goran