DynamicalSystems.jl v3

I think he means 2d unstable manifold

No, I don’t refer to a particular case. I expected DynamicalSystems.jl to provide functions to calculate and visualize the stable and unstable manifolds not for a particular system I’m interested in, but for the general characterization of the dynamical behaviour of both continuous and discrete systems. As long as there exists ChaosTools.jl, it is natural to be able to show how the two manifolds associated to hyperbolic fixed/periodic points intersect transversally for some parameters in Henon map or standard map, for example. In the case of continuous systems, even if they exhibit a mild behavior, it is useful to show what a heteroclinic connection is. For this reason it would be useful to be able to illustrate these sets both computationally and visually. The answer that such functions are not implemented, because it’s simple to generate these sets is not the answer I was expected, because unlike other programming languages, Julia offers functions for most important objects that are defined in different scientific areas.

weird, because noone said that. The reason this function is not implemented is because noone has done it so far. Mainly because this is an open source project that runs on contributions people do on their free time. Noone has done this contribution so far. it has nothing to do with it “being too easy to be implemented”.

I outlined a strategy of how to do it, so perhaps since you said:

you can contribute this function. Of course, it will be a function to works for any dynamical system, just like any other function of the library.

5 Likes

Great improvement of DynamicalSystems. This is impressive as a course.

Suggestion for CoupledODEs : ODEsystem

1 Like

Thanks! but unfortuantely that is the lingo ModellingToolkit.jl uses: Getting Started with ModelingToolkit.jl · ModelingToolkit.jl