More succinctly, it’s not cool to brigade into other communities whether they have detection algorithms or not. I know the intent wasn’t to brigade and artificially influence HN, but that can sometimes be the impact.
I removed the link as requested, but seriously, this wasn’t even close to brigading by definition. Moreover, the 20 or so click-throughs this link would have gotten from this forum wouldn’t have come close to triggering any sort of protection.
More succinctly, it’s not cool to brigade into other communities whether they have detection algorithms or not. I know the intent wasn’t to brigade and artificially influence HN, but that can sometimes be the impact
I know your intent wasn’t to be pejorative, but following up this way after the overly precautious suggestion was nonetheless taken, kinda feels that way. If we care so much about not linking to a specific site, we should put that in the guidelines. The web was built on linking, so… sad comment on where we find ourselves.