Compiling Julia

Hi,

I’m trying to build Julia on a cluster using RHEL 5 with an infiniband interconnect. When I hit ‘make’ I get an error of the form

/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 /people/d3g293/Julia/deps/srccache/fftw-3.3.4/tools/fftw-wisdom-to-conf.1 fftw-wisdom.1 ‘/people/d3g293/Julia/usr-staging/fftw-3.3.4-double/people/d3g293/Julia/usr/share/man/man1’
Making install in m4
make[2]: *** No targets. Stop.
make[1]: *** [build/mbedtls-2.3.0/library/libmbedcrypto.so] Error 2
make: *** [julia-deps] Error 2

Does anyone know what the problem is with the mbedcrypto package? It looks like the build downloads some other packages (e.g. fftw) are okay.

I also checked that the required functionality (e.g. m4, python, etc.) is present on our OS.

Bruce Palmer

Please quote the command output.

You need to install all dependencies mentioned in the readme. If that doesn’t solve the issue or you already did, you need to provide more information about your build env (which compiler and compiler version for example) and provide the full build log including the actual error (might be easier to obtain with a serial build make -j1).

These are the required dependencies (wget and curl are present so I assume fetch is not needed)

[d3g293@constance01 ~/Julia] which make /usr/bin/make [d3g293@constance01 ~/Julia] which gcc
/share/apps/gcc/4.9.2/bin/gcc
[d3g293@constance01 ~/Julia] which g++ /share/apps/gcc/4.9.2/bin/g++ [d3g293@constance01 ~/Julia] which gfortran
/share/apps/gcc/4.9.2/bin/gfortran
[d3g293@constance01 ~/Julia] which perl /usr/bin/perl [d3g293@constance01 ~/Julia] which wget
/usr/bin/wget
[d3g293@constance01 ~/Julia] which curl /usr/bin/curl [d3g293@constance01 ~/Julia] which fetch
fetch: Command not found.
[d3g293@constance01 ~/Julia] which m4 /usr/bin/m4 [d3g293@constance01 ~/Julia] which patch
/usr/bin/patch
[d3g293@constance01 ~/Julia] which cmake /share/apps/cmake/2.8.12//bin/cmake [d3g293@constance01 ~/Julia] which pkg-config
/usr/bin/pkg-config

I’ve attached the make log as well.

Bruce

FYI, attachement is not supported AFAICT.

You can put long output eg in a gist (gist.github.com).

Please quote code and command output with backticks (`).

Also, which version of julia are you building.

Version:

[d3g293@constance01 ~/Julia]$ git status

On branch release-0.5

Untracked files:

(use “git add …” to include in what will be committed)

We you able to get the log from my make attempt in the last email or should I try uploading the log file somewhere?

Bruce Palmer

No attatchment can go through so you need to upload it somewhere else. Note that since you are compiling 0.5 branch, you need to install all dependencies mentioned in the README on that branch and not the master one.