Compiler work priorities

In matters of fund raising, kickstarter digits for python / django are quite interesting and promising :

| Project                               | got       | asked     | diff      |
+---------------------------------------+-----------+-----------+-----------+
| Django REST framework 3               |  £ 32_650 |   £ 4_000 |   +  716% |
| High Performance Django               |  $ 13_190 |   $ 5_000 |   +  164% |
| Schema Migrations for Django          |  £ 17_952 |   £ 2_500 |   +  618% |
| Getting Started With Django           |  $ 13_354 |   $ 5_000 |   +  167% |
| Improved PostgreSQL support in Django |  £ 14_411 |   £ 2_500 |   +  476% |
| Learn Python Basics in 3 Weeks        |  $ 23_022 |   $ 1_000 |   + 2202% |

Test Summary:         | Pass  Total
python at kickstarter |    6      6

That’s sum up near to 120 k$, half of the price of a decent julia debugger estimated by Stefan Karpinski. Not so bad.

I personally estimate that tickets for everywhere / anything conference is becoming very overpricey. But am totally ready to support good oss project thru fundraising.

3 Likes

Now that #22631 was closed and all the PRs that #22631 was refactored into were all merged I’m curious what is the status of PARTR parallel runtime? Does it mean it’s implemented now? Would really help to get an update on this. Thank you! :blush:

PARTR definitely exists within Julia, but that’s just the scheduler and adjustments to Tasks to make them able to run on other threads. Taking a look at the multithreading label on the Github repo should give you an idea of what’s still missing: https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia/labels/multithreading

However, I’ve seen some examples of multithreading working for simple uses on #parallel in Slack and here on Discourse; it seems that, if what you’re doing doesn’t require I/O, regexes, and other not-currently-threadsafe things, it’ll mostly “just work”.

7 Likes

Now there’s also Github Sponsors:

5 Likes