Compensated Jump process

I have been familiarizing myself with DifferentialEquations.jl

I was trying to find an example of an SDE simulation such that the SDE is a jump-diffusion such that the jumps are of the compensated (Poisson) form.

Is there an already built-in method I should be using or perhaps someone has an example I can look at?

Thank you.

I donā€™t think so. Itā€™s worth an issue.

1 Like

Is your jump rate time homogeneous?

Yes they are.

Is a ā€œCompensated Poisson Processā€ the same thing as a ā€œCompound Poisson Processā€?

No, they are not the same thing. A compensated Poisson process is a Poisson process which is made into a Martingale by subtracting the mean from the process.

If the jump process has rate \lambda, couldnā€™t you just add a -\lambda into the drift term for the same jump-diffusion but using an uncompensated Poisson process?

Edit: Assuming unit jumpsā€¦

yeah that is what I was thinking is the best solution at present. More variability would be nice but I am sure I can figure out how to get what I want of it.

what do you mean?

Jumps that arenā€™t necessarily unit jumps, that is jumps with variable size that can be dependent upon other factors.

yeah, the user would have to do that right now. Itā€™s not hard, but itā€™s not automated.

1 Like