Code runs fine on Juno and Intellij-Idea but crashes on VSCode. ArgumentError: Package OffsetArrays does not have Adapt in its dependencies

I am trying to use some code from a GitHub repo. I have cloned it and the code has a. jl file that defines a module and I think (but not 100% sure) that I am successfully loading the module from my local directory

The code below runs fine intellij idea and juno

import my_module

x = my_module.max(2,3)
println("x is: ", x)

In VSCode however it gives the following error. Does anyone know what that is please? Note that I get a lot more of these: ERROR: LoadError: Failed to precompile I am just including here the very first one

ERROR: LoadError: ArgumentError: Package OffsetArrays does not have Adapt in its dependencies:
- If you have OffsetArrays checked out for development and have
  added Adapt as a dependency but haven't updated your primary 
  environment's manifest file, try `Pkg.resolve()`.
- Otherwise you may need to report an issue with OffsetArrays  
Stacktrace:
 [1] require(::Module, ::Symbol) at .\loading.jl:906
 [2] include(::Function, ::Module, ::String) at .\Base.jl:380
 [3] include(::Module, ::String) at .\Base.jl:368
 [4] top-level scope at none:2
 [5] eval at .\boot.jl:331 [inlined]
 [6] eval(::Expr) at .\client.jl:467
 [7] top-level scope at .\none:3
in expression starting at C:\Users\skgtdni\.julia\packages\OffsetArrays\ExQCD\src\OffsetArrays.jl:485
ERROR: LoadError: Failed to precompile OffsetArrays [6fe1bfb0-de20-5000-8ca7-80f57d26f881] to C:\Users\userName\.julia\compiled\v1.5\OffsetArrays\UDEDl_pIFmw.ji.

Seems like you’re running the code in a different environment or with a different Julia version in VSCode.

I only have one Julia installation on my machine, at: C:\Users\userName\AppData\Local\Programs\Julia 1.5.2 I dont really know how to fix or check the environment to be honest.
If that helps, my launch.json file in VSCode contains the following:

"version": "0.2.0",
    "configurations": [
        {
            "type": "julia",
            "request": "launch",
            "name": "Run active Julia file",
            "program": "${file}",
            "stopOnEntry": false,
            "cwd": "${workspaceFolder}",
            "juliaEnv": "${command:activeJuliaEnvironment}"
        }