Following a recent discussion on dev environments, I tried this new workflow of using a shared environment.
But when I used
pkg> dev . on a locally downloaded package with extensions (aka weakdeps, introduced in Julia 1.9), this failed spectacularly.
See here for a reproducible example with a lightweight package of mine called HiddenMarkovModels.jl:
The error is the following one (HMMBase.jl is a weakdep of HiddenMarkovModels.jl):
ERROR: `HiddenMarkovModels=84ca31d5-effc-45e0-bfda-5a68cd981f47` depends on `HMMBase=b2b3ca75-8444-5ffa-85e6-af70e2b64fe7`, but no such entry exists in the manifest.
Steps to reproduce:
cd /tmp git clone https://github.com/gdalle/HiddenMarkovModels.jl cd HiddenMarkovModels.jl julia
pkg> activate @mytemporarydevenvironment pkg> dev .