Build Error on Linux : llvm/ExecutionEngine/Orc/ObjectLinkingLayer.h: No such file or directory

Hello,

The build fails after reporting that the “llvm/ExecutionEngine/Orc/LazyEmittingLayer.h” missing, at commit 0a5f35b6d9544122d7ab0498c0892cd29c734506.

CC /home/sanjay/Software/polly_julia/julia_build/src/codegen.o
In file included from /home/sanjay/Software/polly_julia/julia_src/src/codegen.cpp:117:0:
/home/sanjay/Software/polly_julia/julia_src/src/jitlayers.h:14:57: fatal error: llvm/ExecutionEngine/Orc/ObjectLinkingLayer.h: No such file or directory
 #include "llvm/ExecutionEngine/Orc/ObjectLinkingLayer.h"
                                                         ^
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [codegen.o] Error 1
make: *** [julia-src-release] Error 2

A find . -name ObjectLinkingLayer.h on julia_src, julia_build, the llvm source and build directories didn’t return any results.

How can I resolve this ?

Thank You,
Sanjay

Fixed by https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia/pull/20823, dup of Build Error on Linux : template errors on commit 00b7b606d82c36461d448a2a7b59475235199acf, no need to post the same issue twice since both are llvm compile error with svn builds.

Hello yuyichao,

Thanks for fixing it !

I’m new to Julia’s ecosystem and the technical jargons. Could you please clarify the following ?

• What is an svn build ? Is it different from a git build ( if there is one ) ?
  • How is this bug related to the one reported in the duplicate question here ?

Thank You,
Sanjay

You are building llvm svn, not 3.9.1, (or more accurately, with polly enabled)

Explained here

i.e. building the files at the HEAD commit of master w.r.t. git ( latest version ) ?

Of LLVM, yes.