Any Way to Track Variable Conversion When Writing JuMP Models to File?

I’ve created a JuMP model, which I wrote to conic benchmark format (cbf) and then solved with a solver that has a cbf input mechanism but isn’t a solver utilized in JuMP.

I now have the solution to the cbf format as per the solver, but the cbf format doesn’t have variable names, so I don’t know how to link them to the original variable names in the JuMP model. Is this possible? I tried reading the MathOptInterface file for the CBF writer but it didn’t seem clear how to invert the conversion between the JuMP model and the CBF output.

1 Like

For CBF, not really. We mainly intended the CBF reader as a mechanism to get problems from cblib into JuMP. I don’t think we put much effort into sorting a round-trip for an external solver.

Which solver is it?

It’s SCIP-SDP, for solving MISDPs. I will see keep poking around in the code base to see if there’s a way to do this. I was originally trying to query the variable names for each variable passed to CBF, but MathOptInterface wasn’t working liking my query (probably because I’m missing some part of the syntax).

1 Like

Can you open an issue to track this? I’ll think about how we could fix it

1 Like

Will do! Thanks.

1 Like