ANN: The JuliaPro distribution by Julia Computing

Hello,
I’m very excited by the 0.5.1.1 JuliaPro environment. On windows it feels again like the prehistoric Julia 0.2 that used to have the great “Batteries included” sticker on the box. IJulia and Juno work the first time without any collision with the various external python/atom installs.

I’d like to ask where I should write the error issues (PRs?) that are specific to JuliaPro (on windows). Into JuliaLang GitHub? Or is there a different repo for this purpose?

Currently I’ve encounter problem with the use of %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH% constructs in the Juno.bat and IJulia.bat batch files. This environmental variables do cause troubles on corporate, domain connected windows machines, where they use to point to some network mapped drives (location definitely not used by developpers for storing any important config data) that without the network connection to domain do not exist.
So my first step is allways replace %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH% with %USERPROFILE%. (Juno.bat and IJulia.bat) on any new instalation.

%USERPROFILE% points allways to the system drive and this is the right location to store user-specific configurations. Btw. this is the path returned by Base.homedir() function via libuv (and where juliarc is looked for).

Petr