ANN: JuMP 1.0 is released

Dear all,

We are very pleased to announce the release of JuMP 1.0!

You can read more about it here: JuMP 1.0.0 is released | JuMP

A big thank you to all of the contributors over the last (nearly) 10 years! You can find a full list of the contributors in the blog post linked above.

Cheers,
Oscar

80 Likes

Congratulations!

BTW, the blog page you referenced contains an incorrect link in the last bullet under " A brief history of JuMP". The link should be to NumFOCUS signs agreement with LANL to improve nonlinear support in JuMP | JuMP .

Congrats to you all on the achievement and looking forward to what’s next! Particularly the nonlinear support.

2 Likes

Oops. Good spotting. I fixed the link.

Great news. The 1.0 version may be the nudge necessary to convince some people to migrate.

I have to admit I really did not expect to be in the Top 20 contributors by PR (even if it was a close call) as I made just a few PRs, I think this clearly evidences that the first few contributors (odow especially) have carried JuMP on their backs.

3 Likes

Congratulations for the 1.0.0 release of JuMP. Thanks for the hard work of odow and other contributors.

JuMP makes constructing and solving optimization models easier and more pleasant. Its layered abstraction based on MathOptInterface is an elegant design to support multiple solvers.

Progress on nonlinear optimization is also ongoing, see NumFOCUS signs agreement with LANL to improve nonlinear support in JuMP | JuMP

2 Likes