ANN: DataFramesMeta 0.9.0 release

I am proud to announce the 0.9.0 release of DataFramesMeta.jl.

We have three big changes inspired by DataFrameMacros.jl

• Better support for row-wise transformations: We now export @rtransform, @rselect, and @rsubset, and @rorderby, which operate row-wise by default. You can still use @byrow to make some operations row-wise and others not.
  • To escape column names, you now use $ instead of the previous cols. i.e. @transform :y = f($x_str) will operate on the column whose name is represented by the variable x_str. You can also use $ on the LHS, @transform df $y_str = f(:x), and use it to refer to AsTable from DataFrames.jl, @transform df $AsTable = f(:x).
  • We add the @passmissing macro, for skipping missing values in row-wise operations. For example @rtransform df @passmissing :y = parse(Int, :x) will now create a missing value in the column :y when the column :x is missing, rather than throwing an error.

In my announcement of the 0.8.0 release, a user requested better documentation materials. So we re-wrote a popular dplyr tutorial to use DataFramesMeta.jl instead. It is now available in the documentation. I hope to port over data.table, Stata, Pandas tutorials as well and have them live in the documentation so tutorials will be easy to access.

Please download and use!

21 Likes

Bravo!

A small comment on a typo:

should be:

@rtransform df @passmissing :y = parse(Int, :x)
2 Likes