All solutions of linear program

if I have the following model

VC_model2 = direct_model(Gurobi.Optimizer())
	@variable(VC_model2, y[i=initial:n], binary=true)
	@variable(VC_model2, x[i=initial:n], binary=true)
	################################################
	@constraint(VC_model2, sum(x[j] for j in initial:n) == k_val)
	for j=initial:n
		@constraint(VC_model2,y[j] <= sum(x[i] for (j,i) in E))
	end
	@objective(VC_model2, Max, sum(y[j] for j in initial:n))
	optimize!(VC_model2)

there is any way that gurobi can help to get all the possible solutions of the model?

I do not know if Gurobi can achieve that. But you could solve your model in a loop, and cut off each found solution by adding no-good-cuts (as new constraints) until the objective value changes (i.e., then you have cut off all optimal solutions of your initial model).

Perhaps a good question would be: why do you want to get all solutions?

1 Like

I think the question is not Gurobi specific. Alternative solutions might be sought by adding extra constraints and checking the objective value in each try.

In many cases, alternative optimum solutions provide a menu for the decision maker.

JuMP and Gurobi support returning some solutions. Use result_count(model) to see how many it found. For details, see: Solutions · JuMP

But this isn’t the same as all solutions. As @mike_k suggests, you’d have to do some iterative method, where you added no-good cuts to remove the solution you just found: valid inequalities - No-good cuts for general integer variables - Operations Research Stack Exchange

You may find this tutorial post helpful: Finding multiple feasible solutions.

It could be used in conjunction with first solving the model once and imposing the optimal objective value as new constraint: objective function == optimal value of first solve.

2 Likes