2024 Julia User & Developer Survey

The 2024 Julia User & Developer Survey is now open! Click here to participate: Julia Developer Survey 2024 - Publish. Julia users and developers are encouraged to participate. Please forward and share with colleagues and users in the Julia community. The survey is available in English, Spanish, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), Korean and Japanese. Results will be presented at JuliaCon next month. Please complete by Monday June 17.

17 Likes

The final text still says 2023 :smiley:

Thank you for completing the 2023 Julia User and Developer Survey! We greatly value and appreciate your participation.Results will be presented during JuliaCon 2023.

2 Likes

Thank you! Will get this fixed.

1 Like

Great job as always.

However, I miss a box in which I can put additional comments for certain questions. Especially the part on technical aspects I dislike. A few key aspects are not mentioned.

Best
Olivier

1 Like

The following questions are missing in the survey:

2 Likes
  1. Which editors or IDEs do you use frequently? Please select all that apply.

I know we have a few Helix users too (including myself) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I still look forward to the day that Julia is used for the annual Julia survey…

2 Likes
  1. When did you first start using Julia? ENTER YEAR (2009-2024)

Max value permitted is 2022. I started in 2023 but can’t say so!

Thank you! We did not see this since it was not posted in the thread requesting survey feedback, but will make a note of these questions for next year.

Thank you! Will get this fixed.

1 Like

I think Q14 is supposed to be a single choice, not multiple?

I was also not clear to me what Q25 option “Controls” refers to. Control systems? GUI control elements? Other?

Edit: And nice job putting it together, one of the few surveys I gladly take :slight_smile:

1 Like

We used to offer this option in more places, but we rarely report those responses because we find that very few people select it, so we have been removing this option.

Thank you! We will correct q14 and I will check on Controls.