Reduce package registration waiting period

Not disrespectful perhaps, but a bit dismissive. Have you considered the possibility that people might disagree with you without the cause being that we’re all brainwashed?

I don’t think you’re wrong - I think there are perfectly valid reasons for having zero waiting period. But there are also valid reasons for having a waiting period. There are trade-offs, and the people that manage the julia registry have decided the balance of trade-offs favors a waiting period. You’re free to disagree with this choice, but I think people are pushing back because you seem unwilling to acknowledge that there’s more than one way to look at it.

For the record, I do not believe that the people saying “you’re free to start your own registry” are being dismissive - it’s an acknowledgement of the fact that opinions can differ on this point.

This does seem a bit disrespectful, but I’m not mad - at least you haven’t called us toxic :laughing:. You’re free to disagree, and I think you raise some good points. It’s possible (likely even) that the people most likely to use julia and certainly those most likely to be active on the forum are those that generally agree with the approach of the language as a whole, which is a better explanation for the uniformity of opinion than that we’re all dim-witted.

14 Likes