PCA Output?

A rule of thumb is that if the recipe is based on functionality from one of the “StatsKit packages” https://github.com/JuliaStats/StatsKit.jl/blob/master/src/StatsKit.jl, then it generally makes sense to have it in StatsPlots.

1 Like

Yeah, not the best idea I’ve ever had. My point was more along the lines of “if you don’t like the decisions that have been made, you can make a package to get what you want. Others might use it too.” I like the idea of a verbose argument, and if the package maintainers are amenable a PR is definitely a better way to go :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Got things started with a pull request in MultivariateStats Additional `show` info for PCA by Tokazama · Pull Request #90 · JuliaStats/MultivariateStats.jl · GitHub.

2 Likes

To support this request:

…so better check that we don’t choose an approach/terminology which is only familiar to psychologists.

The use of the function from the psych package is widespread and I would say it is common knowledge among R users.

…ike factor analysis.

Factor analysis is also affected. The output of the model estimate is very similar.

It’s finally done. A proper summary of PCA model results.

5 Likes

That’s persistence, thank you!