Julia v1.7.2 has been released

Julia version 1.7.2, the second patch release in the 1.7 series of releases, is now available. You can get binaries for glibc Linux (i686, x86-64, ARMv7, AArch64), musl Linux (x86-64), FreeBSD (x86-64), macOS (x86-64, AArch64), and Windows (32-, 64-bit) at https://julialang.org/downloads.

As a patch release, 1.7.2 contains no new features or breaking changes, only bug fixes, documentation improvements, and performance improvements. You can see the list of commits included since 1.7.1 here. We recommend that anyone currently using 1.7.0 or 1.7.1 upgrade to 1.7.2.

Note that 1.7 on Travis, AppVeyor, Cirrus, and GitHub Actions now refers to 1.7.2.

Enjoy!

42 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Is 1.7.2 on Intel Mac missing Codesigning?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Failed to install Interact, DiffEqFlux & Symbolics on 1.7.2

A post was merged into an existing topic: Is 1.7.2 on Intel Mac missing Codesigning?

Hi I am currently using julia 1.6.2 on my own computer and 1.7.1 on cluster of my university. Is there a convenient way to upgrade to the latest version? Or I have to uninstall the old version and install the newest one?

There’s a good concurrent discussion about upgrade options going on in Plans for Updating Julia.

If you run into any issues with the new version, it’s generally best to create new dedicated topics for those. I’ve split this topic where appropriate.

4 Likes