Julep: Taking multiple dispatch,export,import,binary compilation seriously

Creating the @merge macro does not imply I recommend using it, I only wanted to move the conversation along. When you have multiple packages exporting the same name in situation, the macro lacks any decision-making-ability about how to handle that. This is why a description of it will not be included in the readme. The recommended way is to be explicit about how to handle the imports, especially in package development.

News from the armchair:
I am working on a toy example for the proposed design, for now it looks quite doable but it will take some more time. Not too long.

Regarding the remarks about that it is hard to reason about code when dispatch is determined by the caller … I find that a bit absurd because it is determined by the caller anyhow.

In my proposal , dispatch is determined by what the caller sees, that’s the big difference.

What the caller doesn’t see doesn’t affect the call. IMHO this quality is required for code at scale.

I think Julia is the best language , I have widthrawl symptoms whenever I consider using another.

I am amazed by the amount of work and attention the devs and everyone here have put into it

And I think that in due time it can replace C , Julia is the future.

Back to the armchair

6 Likes