How Discourse trust level works?

That behavior is indeed below an acceptable level. And as I mentioned before, we do need to be nice to each other, especially in such large forums. But the gray zone is huge here. I’ve followed the never-ending islower-lowercase-isupper-uppercase, and your own politeness was lacking at times too. Not in any major way, but you could have been slightly more polite. Just as the others could have been. My main point is that I think that no one has been overly rude without any repercussions, no matter what their role were. Or would you argue that people have been THAT impolite to warrant some retaliation and then didn’t get their due punishment because they were “above the law”?

So this here can only fall into one of these two bins:

1. The moderators are a bunch of dictators abusing their powers to rule unjustly.
  2. The moderators are literally doing their job: moderate.

Which is it?

I’d like to just highlight my list from before. These are two different issues, and should be kept somewhat separate:

1. The rudeness: some users with a lot of knowledge and skill are lacking in manners.
  2. The moderators: the way administration/moderation rights are granted is not democratic.
2 Likes