[Embedding] Windows Binaries

Trying to build your example cmake yields the same error as mine when not linking with LLVM

/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/libjulia.so: undefined reference to `llvm::AttributeSet::hasAttribute(unsigned int, llvm::Attribute::AttrKind) const'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/libjulia.so: undefined reference to `llvm::DataLayout::getStructLayout(llvm::StructType*) const'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/libjulia.so: undefined reference to `llvm::LoopBase<llvm::BasicBlock, llvm::Loop>::getLoopLatch() const'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/libjulia.so: undefined reference to `llvm::parseAssemblyInto(llvm::MemoryBufferRef, llvm::Module&, llvm::SMDiagnostic&, llvm::SlotMapping*)'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/libjulia.so: undefined reference to `llvm::createJumpThreadingPass(int)'

Try with the generic binaries, not the PPA. The PPA is not very actively maintained or recommended any more.

I just tried with the generic binaries instead of the fedora package and got the same error, but it is a dynamic linking problem. Adding the following to my environment fixed the build, with Julia running out of the extracted package dir in my downloads dir:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/home/user/Downloads/julia-6445c82d00/lib/julia

This can probably be fixed for the linux and OS X build using proper rpath cmake settings as well. Either way, this is a dynamic linkage issue, this error does not imply that a .lib for LLVM is needed on Windows (where the LLVM dll gets pulled in automatically by the libjulia dll).