Deploying a website with Franklin

Hello, apologies for the inconvenience.

So if you would like your home page to be deployed at crucialflow.com/site/ then you need to set the prepath to site, I think you figured that one out.

If you’re using your own server, your server needs to only see the content of __site. This is what happens on github for instance where the content of __site is built then copied on a branch and the branch is the one that’s used for displaying the site.

I’m not sure what your setup is (for instance if you use Netlify then it’s easier) maybe one thing you could do is reproduce the setup from github so:

• do stuff locally
  • when happy push the content of __site (only) to a website branch
  • have your webserver based on that website branch

for the part to push only the content of a folder to a branch, I think this page explains how to do it in Git.

I hope this helps a bit

PS: GitLab is pretty good as well to help with this kind of gymnastics while keeping your repo private. I think you could have the same steps as suggested above but done on GitLab automatically whenever you push. (Though it would require setting up a key pair I would imagine so that you can copy stuff to your webserver)

If you manage to get something to work, kindly open an issue on franklindocs explaining what you did & I’ll add it to the docs, it might help others with similar setup :slight_smile:

6 Likes