Deep learning in Julia

Oh that’s nice to see! I missed that, big improvement.

Anyone who is a postdoc or higher at an academic institution can get funding. You can start applying for grants the month after you graduate with your PhD. There are plenty of folks in this thread alone who joined the Discouse in 2019, which means by 2024 they are ready to start applying for funding (note that as a postdoc you may need to apply for PI status at your institution, but in many cases it can be granted)! SciML is not special in this regard, I just made a very strong effort to do this immediately.

If anyone in the Julia ML community wants to start taking a step towards getting students and staff in funded positions working on these tools, I highly recommend applying for the NASA ROSES:

Co-I’s can be other folks in the Julia ML community. If the staff need more structure around them, we’d be happy to host them as visitors at the MIT Julia Lab if they are funded. I’d be happy to help folks craft a narrative if interested, though I’ll be doing a separate application on this towards SciML projects.

7 Likes