Creating a registry

I am having some issues with completing some of the steps in the provided instructions.

I was wondering if the author or someone who has been able to successfully complete these steps help with some of the roadblocks that I am hitting.ls

When it gets to the following steps below I am a little confused on how to use the uuid function.

Registry.toml

We can use UUIDs.uuid1() to generate a uuid for the registry, and we will need to check TestPackage 's Project.toml file to find its uuid.

name = “TestRegistry”
uuid = “f1b7bfcd-108e-44d3-8130-d7177e4bc6a1”
repo = “https://github.com//TestRegistry.jl.git”
description = “This is only a test.”

[packages]
28cd688e-7cf2-11e8-01a0-0dc1d6450aeb = { name = “TestPackage”, path = “TestPackage” }

I would recommend that you try LocalRegistry.

5 Likes

I was wondering how this discussion relates to LocalRegistry. We are investigating how to set up a private registry for internal Bitbucket servers and LocalRegistry seems easy enough.

The earlier discussion predates LocalRegistry but was also an indirect starting point for it.

It looks like I run into issues trying to use the command below.

Julia is stating that I have a syntax issue.

using LocalRegistry

create_registry(name, repository_url, description = “My private registry”)

I got the following syntax error, it looks like it does not like the URL that I provided that I planned on using for the registry. EX: https://github.com//

ERROR: syntax: “//” is not a unary operator

The repository url needs to be a string (as does the name). From the error message it sounds like you’re missing the quotation marks.

For the git-tree-sha1 in the Versions.toml, it says to run git log to get the hash of the most recent commit. The registry wants this to be a git-tree-sha1 and not a commit sha1, how do I get that? These instructions seem no longer correct for latest version. Is there a better how to to make a registry?

From earlier in this thread:

From earlier in this thread:

Thank you for the response. I did stumble upon the update in the replies right as you were posting your response.